From Leil Lowndes, 2003. How to talk to anybody
|Create hooks to remember it
- "How do you spell your surname?"
- "Where does your name come from?"
- "What does it mean?"
- Say the name 3 times and use it in the conversation
- Create a picture of them and the name as a hook to remember
|Write it down
- Grab their business card, and write notes on them:
- Favourite restaurant, family, film, sport and tiny details
- Keep this information and add this to the notes on their contact details
- Ask someone what they would like on their tombstone and remember it
- "What would you like carved on your tombstone"
- Use those words as a compliment later
- "What are you most proud of?"
- "What would you like the world to most remember about you?
|Decide whom to follow up with after the party